Restricted Data Floor Access
The data centers are physically isolated from everyone but level three technicians within our hosting environment. Public access is strictly forbidden. Access to the data center floors is restricted to those holding military-grade pass cards.
Multiple Power Source Backups
Power systems in our data centers are designed to run uninterrupted even in the unlikely event of a total power outage. All servers are fed with conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power that will run if utility power fails. The UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant with instantaneous fail over in case the primary UPS fails. In the event of an extended power outage, an on-site diesel generator can run indefinitely. The generator is regularly tested to ensure that it will continue to function in the event of an emergency.
Pen Publishing will make an effort to have the systems available 99.9% of the time in a given month, excluding scheduled maintenance.
We offer fully managed, complex configurations including load balancers, firewall's, network attached storage, and a suite of managed services.
Datacenter B Specifications
- Location: Wichita, KS
- Lightning protection: In accordance with NFPA 780
- Building: Pre-stressed Concrete Panels Designed to handle wind speeds in excess of 120 MPH
- UPS: Designed With a Two Hour Battery Backup
- Backup Power Generators: Two 500 KW Generators On The Facility
- Environmental Systems: HVAC System Using 10 Dual Compressor Units
- Building Monitor: State of the Art Building Management System 24 x 7 x 365 NOC
- Fire Detection: Smoke and High Heat Temperature Detectors
- Fire Suppression: FM-200 Primary, Combination Dry-Pipe and Pre-Action Sprinklers
- Physical Security: ID Access Card system 24 x 7 Monitoring